Thanksgiving just wouldn’t be the same without a warm house filled with loved ones and good food. Gathering around a table together to catch-up, tell jokes, and make new memories is such a special part of the holiday, and today we’re here to show you how to make the Thanksgiving table even more special using folded and garnished napkins. Because with just a few easy steps, turning a cloth napkin into a work of art is a piece of cake.
Each of these folded napkins includes a “pocket”, perfect for holding silverware, table cards, flowers, and more. And to create your own look, all you have to do is choose your favorite colors and garnish. Now let’s see how to fold these napkins for yourself.
1. Iron napkin and lay it flat.
2. Fold napkin in half bottom to top.
3. Fold top layer back down, halfway.
4. Flip over and fold in half, right to left.
5. Fold in half again, right to left.
6. Slide in silverware and garnish as desired.
2. Fold in half, top to bottom.
3. Fold in half, left to right.
4. Rotate napkin to diamond shape, with the flaps at the top of the diamond.
5. Fold three flaps down to create a layered look.
6. Flip over.
7. Fold each side toward center.
8. Flip back over, slide in silverware, and garnish as desired.
2. Fold in half, left to right.
3. Fold in half, bottom to top.
4. Grab top right corner, and fold first layer down to bottom left corner.
5. Grab top right corner, and fold second layer toward bottom left corner, tucking this layer under the first. Repeat step one more time.
6. Flip over. Grab left side and fold toward center, about an inch. Grab right side and fold toward center.
7. Flip back over.
8. Slide in silverware and add garnish as desired.
Wasn’t that easy?
Which of these folded napkins is your favorite?